Direct Hire, Part-Time and Temp-to-Hire positions available
Park Ambassadors are responsible for a variety of tasks to improve the overall appearance, user experience, cleanliness and perception of Hemming Park. Park Ambassadors will provide a high level of visibility at the street level to serve as both a deterrent and reporter of unwanted activity, while also providing friendly customer service to all those who use Hemming Park. Hours will vary weekly and candidate needs to be available 7 am – 8 pm M-F and some weekends. Must be able to lift 50 lbs regularly and must be at least 21 years of age at the time of hire.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned as they relate to the needs of the business:
- Assist with daily set up and break down of park amenities and activities including placement of moveable tables and chairs, play equipment, tents, fencing, promotional signage, program supplies and other items as
- Assist with setup and breakdown of special events hosted by or hosted in Hemming Park including tents, tables, chairs, signage, music equipment, lighting and other items as needed.
- Keep Hemming Park clean and safe by:
- Removing litter, cigarette butts and other debris from sidewalks, walkways, fountains and tree beds
- Remove unapproved graffiti, posters and stickers from all surfaces
- Wipe and straighten all horizontal surfaces, including waste receptacles, tables and chairs, fountain ledges and retaining walls
- Pull weeds from sidewalk cracks and tree beds throughout park. Provide supplemental watering for container and/or plants plots as needed. Ambassadors will be trained by landscaping professionals to identify and properly remove
- Use specialized mechanical equipment including, but not limited to, pressure washer and utility vehicle, to deep clean Hemming Park on a regular
- Patrol on foot, circulating throughout Hemming Park to deter nuisance activity and violations of park rules through visible uniformed
- Be watchful for criminal activity, and report to JSO through direct officer contact, 630-0500, or 911 when appropriate. Ambassador must be able to articulate and provide accurate description of persons, vehicles and other pertinent
- Firmly and courteously request compliance with park rules and nuisance laws, such as panhandling, loitering, gambling, public drinking, littering and other disruptive behavior. “Vice” crimes such as drug use and drug dealing should be reported immediately to private security officers
- Go out of the way to actively acknowledge park users and welcome visitors with a friendly greeting. Be knowledgeable about daily events in Hemming Park. Be able to provide visitors with directions, Downtown information or recommendations, ie. ATMs, restrooms, restaurants, etc.
- Ambassadors must be able to “paint a picture” of daily park activities and users for Friends of Hemming Park staff, board members and downtown
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have the physical capacity to walk continuously during an 8-hour shift and perform duties such as lifting and placing tables and chairs, setup and breakdown of special events including tents and tables, and other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work outdoors in all conditions with provided inclement weather
- Must be able to speak to groups/individuals about topics such as downtown Jacksonville, vegetation and history.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English in order to create basic
- Comfortable interacting with all types of individuals including high-net worth individuals and government officials
- Excellent organizational skills & trustworthiness
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, high energy, team environment
- Must be available to work some nights and weekends
CANDIDATE IS SUBJECT TO:
- Possession of a valid Florida driver’s license and a good driving record.
- Passing a thorough and comprehensive background check.
- May be required to undergo a drug and alcohol screening test.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Friends of Hemming Park, we offer flexible time-off policy, casual dress code, quarterly social events, and the opportunity to work with a great team of talented, passionate people!
- Dental, vision, life insurance, and disability benefits (after 90 days of employment)
- Parking stipend
- Great work environment
- Competitive salary
For consideration, send your resume/experience along with your compensation requirements to email@example.com.