FRIENDS OF HEMMING PARK
EVENTS & OPERATIONS MANAGER
Hemming Park provides a variety of free programming for all ages including live music, weekend festivals and children’s programming. Additionally, Hemming Park is available to rent for events from small family gatherings to large corporate affairs. Friends of Hemming Park, a 501(c)(3), supports the City of Jacksonville with programming and events in Hemming Park; improves and maintains landscaping and amenities; ensures Park is clean and safe; provides information to guests.
Role of the Operations Manager:
The Events and Operations Manager oversees the Events Ambassador, the Operations Ambassador, and Park Ambassador, as well as being responsible for office administration. Reports directly to the Executive Director. Responsible for the organization’s policies and procedures, accounting and finance functions, assists with fund raising efforts, monitors government regulations and guides public policy. Works with clients on third party event logistics. Promotion, enhancement and reputation of Hemming Park and its impact in the community are a priority.
- Oversees the daily operations and office administration of the organization. Reports to the Executive Director.
- Provides leadership and direct supervisions to the Operations Ambassador, the Events Ambassador, and the Park Ambassadors.
- Hires staff in coordination and conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Conducts meetings with clients to research, plan and organize events to ensure all requirements are met.
- Prepares and distributes event plans with detailed outlines and instructions.
- Anticipates the facility’s logistical needs based on event specifics and communicates such to appropriate staff.
- Ensures that all events are executed safely and cost effectively for both the client and the venues.
- Handles the Accounts Payables and Accounts Receivables.
- Assists Executive Director with financial performance and reporting consistent with requirements of COJ.
- Assists Executive Director with compliance with COJ insurance requirements and policies.
- Implements and successfully manages the annual events plan and budget.
- Creates weekly schedules.
- Maintains records and ensures compliance with requirements of City of Jacksonville and State of Florida.
- Assists Executive Director to recruit sponsors for events and beautification projects.
- Walks through park daily to check for trash, landscaping and other maintenance issues.
- Works with COJ parks to maintain park amenities (report issues, schedule meetings to discuss, follow up).
- Supports Downtown Vision’s ArtWalk events.
- Responds to special requests from COJ and provide support as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, Parks and Recreation, Event Management, Hospitality or other equivalent related field.
- Experience with grants management and marketing is a plus.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in operations, park and recreations, event management, hospitality, cultural and/or tourism industry.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Experience in fund development: grants, special events fundraising and private sector grants and sponsorships.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Product Suite.
- Strong business, financial and leadership skills.
- Proven ability to impact corporate relationships, community partnerships, fundraising activities
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management principles, methods and techniques
- Ability to promote and adhere to the organization’s culture and values.
- Experience in managing numerous projects and working within tight deadlines.
- Outstanding communicator, networker and public speaker with passion for the mission.
Work Environment and Special Considerations:
- Work in a professional and/or remote office environment.
- May be required to travel to client locations.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones and copiers.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time during events; Work in Park as needed.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org